Creativity - Imagining what you could do because you’re made in God’s image.
“Lord, you are great. You are really worthy of praise. No one can completely understand how great you are.” Psalm 145:3, NIrV
This is Me, Esther • The Book of Esther
God created you for a purpose.
- Esther was made for a specific purpose, just like you were made for a specific purpose. God made you on purpose because He loves you! What do you think it means to be created for a purpose?
- Life can get hard, and there are days where it is harder to believe that we were created for a purpose. What and who do we have to remind us of our purpose and worth?
- “And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14. Esther saw a unique opportunity where she could tell that God had a purpose for her life. Have you ever had a moment where you realized that you were made for a specific purpose?
May you believe that we are created on purpose, that we are not an accident, but that we are uniquely chosen, seen, and loved by God!
What you need: Potatoes • Decorating supplies
What you do:
- Set the potatoes and decorating supplies in the middle.
- Tell your child that since potatoes can become lots of different foods (fries, hash browns, tater tots, mashed potatoes), they’re going to use their creativity to make the potatoes into lots of different props.
- As a family, make a list of the people in today’s story. For each person named, create a potato puppet for that person.
- People for puppets could include: Esther, Mordecai, King Xerxes, Queen Vashti, Haman, messenger, girls in the contest, Jewish people praying, servants, and anyone extra you can come up with.
- Give your child a few minutes to decorate their puppets and any necessary props for telling the story, e.g. a scepter.
- Using the potato puppets and props, retell the story.
Is your child interested in connecting with other kids in their grade? E-mail us at the link below, telling us your child's grade and if there are specific kids they want to connect with. We'll connect you with another child's parent(s)/guardian(s) and you can decide the best way to connect your children (pen pals, zoom call, walk/play in the park, etc.).