The recent crisis in Afghanistan has resulted in a large number of refugees seeking asylum in safe countries. Refugees have already began to arrive in our city. Local resettlement agencies will not have time to find long term housing, so these families will likely be housed in Airbnb homes or hotels. It is our heart to meet these families with the love of Jesus.
On this page, we have included specific ways you can pray, give and serve. Please prayerfully consider how you can be part of what B4Church will do. If you have any specific questions, or you would like to get in touch with our Local + Global Outreach team
Most refugees arrive to the United States with next to nothing, but you can help them rebuild their lives by giving items that will help in this season. Current needs include:
- Gift Cards for Grocery Stores + Home Good Stores (e.g. Winco, Fred Meyer, Safeway, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc.)
If you would like to participate in giving to Afghanistan refugees in this way, and have more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray for those who are in harms way, that they will be protected and find places of safety.
- Pray for those who have been hurt or lost loved ones, that they would be comforted by the healing presence of God
- Pray for the families who have been separated by this crisis. Pray they will be reunited.
- Pray protection over the women and girls. Pray that they will not be dehumanized or subject to harsh treatment.
- Pray for peace in a land of war.
- Pray that the name of Jesus will be proclaimed and people will come to know the love of God.
Come alongside one of these arriving families as they acclimate to a new culture.