For The City Initiative
This work categorically includes water, education, and community projects with the following goals:
- Provide clean water that saves lives and earns a hearing for the Gospel within communities that suffer a lack of potable water.
- Alleviate poverty by addressing its root causes, namely displaced communities and under-served schools
- Increase access to education, especially for children
For the City is a rallying cry that calls Jesus’ church to engage in meaningful service to its neighbors. The end result? We let our light shine before others in obedience to Jesus’ teaching:
After School Program
In partnership with Barnes and William Walker Elementary Schools, we host an after school program twice a week for 60 kids. It is our heart and vision to provide a safe space for students where they can participate in enrichment activities, grow in friendships, be encouraged in their education, and know that they are cared for.
If this an area you are interested in, we need you. Click the link below to find out more.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays 2 – 5:15 pm
- Volunteer Needs: set up team, kitchen team, transportation, general classroom help (crafts, games, activities, serving food, etc.), and safety team
- Goal: Expand the program to 4 days
we currently partner with a ministry called “J Gang” who works with the city of Beaverton to serve elderly people in our community who can’t maintain their yards. This is an opportunity to both care for our city and show the love of Jesus to people.
If this interests you, and you have an available Saturday, click the link below.
- When: Various Days/Times
- Volunteer Needs: Various levels of gardening skills (pruning, cleaning, mowing, etc.)
- Goal: Expand in partnerships to further love on the the Portland-Metro area