After School Program
In partnership with Barnes Elementary School, we host a once-a-week after school program for 40+kids. It is our heart and vision to provide a safe space for students, primarily from immigrant and low-income families, where they can participate in enrichment activities, grow in friendships, are encouraged in their education, and know that they are cared for.
If this an area you are interested, we need you. Click the link below to find out more.
- When: Tuesdays, 2 – 5 pm
- Volunteer Needs: Classroom leaders + helpers, craft + music guides, set-up + tear down teams
- Goal: Expand the program to 4 days and add a second school partnership
we currently partner with a ministry called “J Gang” who works with the city of Beaverton to serve elderly people in our community who can’t maintain their yards. This is an opportunity to both care for our city and show the love of Jesus to people.
If this interests you, and you have an available Saturday, click the link below.
- When: Various Days/Times
- Volunteer Needs: Various levels of gardening skills (pruning, cleaning, mowing, etc.)
- Goal: Expand in partnerships to further love on the the Portland-Metro area
In partnership with PDX Friends of Refugees, we provide ESL classes at B4 for refugees and immigrants. We love our partnership with PDX Friends of Refugees, as they have more than nine years of experience loving and serving refugees in our communities.
If you are interested in loving our city in this way, click the link below to find out more.
- When: Monday, Wednesday, + Friday | 9 am – 12 pm
- Volunteer Needs: Drivers, Teachers, + Child Care Volunteers
- Goal: Continue to grow in our capacity to serve refugees + immigrants in our community